Thursday 25 July 2013

A Cushion Cover on a Whim!

I've just made a cushion cover ..... on a whim really...

I was searching through my stash for some red and white fabrics for a customer order when I came across this gorgeous seed catalogue fabric from Lakehouse Dry Goods.....


I'd bought it a couple of years ago, as far as I can remember, and loved it then. It seemed such a special fabric that I almost didn't want to use it for anything...just keep it to look at every now and again!!


I love all the old fashioned adverts for roses and sweet peas....


So lovely and summery.....




...and this lovely illustration of a beehive....



Anyway when I found it earlier today, I kept it out of my stash ready to make something. I only had about half a yard of fabric so a cushion cover seemed a good idea. It also meant I could look at it every day!

So I made a very simple cushion cover from the one piece of fabric with an envelope back. It was very easy and quick! Ideal for an impromptu project! 

Here it is!


I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It's making me very smiley!

Maybe I'll do a little tutorial.....

Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx

5 comments:

  1. It is lovely Maggie! Funny how that happens with fabric...so glad it is out where it can be looked at and loved! Smiles for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is gorgeous and it looks really good on a garden chair, but I bet it would look equally as nice in a conservatory too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cute! Nice idea for a gift for a gardener, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes when I go to the quilt shop, I want to buy a fat quarter of a particularly lovely fabric, but I don't know what I would do with it. Now, I'm going to buy it anyway, because I can always make a cushion cover!
    I love your newsy print!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!