Sunday 17 February 2013

Back home in the Cotswolds


Hello!
 
I hope you are well.....
 
I've not been around to write my blog for a while....it's been nearly a month!
 
I do have a good excuse though...
 
I've just returned from a fabulous holiday.......


I'm not going to tell you all about it straight away.....I thought I'd slip a few photos and clues into my next few posts to see if you can guess where we went......I've lots to tell you!
 
Back home to a colder climate.....today we went for an afternoon walk making the most of the sunshine.
 
Lots of beautiful animals about today :)
 
This pony had found a sunny spot in her field.....




Our neighbour's donkey was peeping at me.....


These two horses were well wrapped up against the cold wind......



Down at the canal, Mr and Mrs Duck....


Further restoration work has taken place on the old canal.......


.......including work on the footpaths.......




The sheep by the river were enjoying the dappled sunshine.....some were having an afternoon snooze...


Spencer played with his ball, letting it fall into the canal.......


and then fetching it again......



But we knew it would end in tears.....the ball floated in too far in.........


......and despite his efforts to retrieve it.......


(he hasn't learnt to swim yet!)
 
....poor Spencer lost his ball :(
 
He soon forgot about it though.......


The sheep were probably thinking, 'Silly dog...what a fuss about nothing'.....


These cattle were milling about....


 
The lonely pony was too far up the field today but the cheeky Belted Galloways were nearby......



...and the turtles were on the pavement!
 
 
It was so lovely to see all these animals.....
 
Maggie xx

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back, dear Maggie. Looks like you had a really restful vacation. Looking forward to all the lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the beach looks like you went somewhere nice and warm. Looking forward to more pictures.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those pictures! I'm curious about your holiday...it looks so nice and warm....
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice walk! I was just thinking about you yesterday. I knew you'd been away, but I was beginning to worry something was wrong. So glad you are back home and seems like everything is fine (except for poor Spencer's ball). Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggie. Can't wait to hear more about your exotic holiday.....lovely pics from back home though x glad to see you back x Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You have such happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie,

    I sure have missed a lot. After reading your latest post, I just had to back up and read these earlier posts. You have been busy. I love all of the beautiful photos.

    I really need to stay on top of my blogging and blog reading.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!